Pad Thai Zoodles!
- 3 large zucchini
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced into rounds
- 1 punnet of sprouts
- 1/3 cup (80ml) peanut butter, crunchy or smooth what ever you prefer
- 375gm of tofu, cut into 2cm squares
- small bunch of coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- stock from 1 cube made up to 200ml
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari sauce
First, cut the zucchini into noodles (zoodles) either with a julienne peeler, a vegetable peeler followed by a knife into thin strips or with a spiralizer (if you have one!). Make up your sauce by combining the vinegar, soy/tamari sauce, sweet chilli sauce & peanut butter in a bowl.
- In a large frying pan or wok heat the stock until boiling, add your zucchini noodles and cook for about 3 minutes, leave to sit in the stock for now.
- While the zoodles are cooking, make up your sauce with the vinegar, tamari/soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce & peanut butter together, heat the sauce and stir to mix. Then gently add the tofu and stir and warm a little.
- Heat a little olive oil in a saucepan, add the capsicum, spring onion & garlic & cook for about 2 minutes, drain the stock off the zucchini during the cooking.
- Mix everything together! The sauce, the zucchini, the capsicum mixture and also most of the coriander & the sprouts & cook for another minute of so.
- Sprinkle a little coriander over the top as a garnish as you serve.
See more Meals in Minutes!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.